If you've wondered how you can get involved, then this training session is for YOU!
Project Malachi came to life after a listening exercise in the local area of Ilford. The project aims to tackle rough sleeping by providing a place for people to rebuild their lives. We want to build a pop-up hostel which will provide 42 self-contained units of accommodation using converted shipping containers. We will offer those residents support worker time to assess and support their social, physical and educational needs as well as offer opportunities to develop them as leaders in the community. Project Malachi is one of a kind and we hope that with the success of the first one we can show that lives have changed and have many other “Malachi Homes” across the UK.
This volunteering role involves helping to build relationships with local businesses to participate in the Redbridge Together campaign. We would encourage you to get to know the local rough sleepers, volunteers, local community leaders and businesses that are already part of Redbridge Together and/or Project Malachi to have informal conversations with them. Building strong and long-lasting relationships is our primary aim!
What can we offer?
- Experience in community organising, campaigning, fundraising and taking part in events – and the chance to gain new skills
- Lunch provided for at all sessions, and work references if required
In this session, you'll learn about:
- The crowdfunding campaign and what you can do to help raise more money
- The ground campaign for Redbridge Together and how you can help get more businesses involved
Skills and Personal Qualities
We'd love for you to join us, but need you to be ready to make the commitments required for this part of the Redbridge Together campaign:
- A team player and reliable
- Enthusiastic and enjoys engaging with the public
- Good communication skills
- Totally trustworthy
The minimum commitments are 1 training session*, 4 follow-up workshops and 1 event in October.
*Date for training session: 23rd June 2018 from 11am-1pm at the Salvation Army, 15 Clements Rd, Ilford IG1 1BH
However, additional volunteering opportunities will arise ad-hoc.
Volunteers will be supported by Ana Franca-Ferreira, Project Malachi Organiser, and Captain John Clifton, The Salvation Army.
For any queries, email Ana.Ferreira@citizensuk.org
We need you! So, why volunteer?
- Feel rewarded - Using your time to give something back feels amazing. Each one of our volunteer roles helps make a real difference.
- Meet like-minded people- Volunteering is a great way to meet other people with similar interests within your community.
- Use your skills to help others - Whether you want to put your existing skills to good use or learn something new, we will offer training to support you.
15 Clements Rd
Ilford IG1 1BH
Google map and directions